Arizona weeds belong to the most invasive weed species that are more challenging to eradicate than common ones. You can only control these undesirable plants through proper pre and post-emergent application. So, are you looking for the best weed killer for Arizona lawns? Read this guide to help you learn the top weed killers for grass in Arizona.
The best weed killer for grass in Arizona includes Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer and Roundup QuikPro. Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer 2 and Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer Concentrate are other effective preventers. You can also use Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Weed Killer & Preventer on your Arizona lawn.
Best Weed Killer for Lawns in Arizona: Guide to Help You Choose Wisely
When looking for weed eliminators, some farmers get confused. Some go for the best weed and grass killers, weed killer concentrate, or general roundup weed killer.
While all those weed killers can work, you need to be careful. Otherwise, you might end up falling for the adverts running as the best commercial weed killer when in the real sense, it isn’t. With that in mind, here are the top five weed killer for Arizona grass you can be sure of:
1. Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer, 41-Percent Glyphosate
This non-selective herbicide is powerful and effective for eradicating the vast types of Arizona weeds. It permanently kills annual, perennial, and grass weeds from leaves to roots.
- Kills weeds permanently within days
- It kills almost all grassy, perennial, and annual weeds
- It’s a powerful herbicide
2. Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed & Grass Killer III Refill, 1.25 gal.
Roundup Ready-to-use is a non-selective weed killer by Roundup, with glyphosate as the active ingredient. The herbicide is most suitable for killing Arizona weeds. This roundup weed killer controls woody bushes, trees, roots, broadleaf, and grassy weeds.
- The addition of diquat dibromide makes it faster to eradicate weeds
- Best weed killer for grass in Arizona
- Kills all types of grassy and broadleaf weeds
- It can kill your entire lawn if not used carefully
3. Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer 2
Another best weed killer for grass in Arizona is Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer. It kills weeds and grasses on pavements, walkways, driveways, flower beds, fences, shrubs, trees, and other zones in your lawn.
- It has a fast-acting formula, and the results are visible within 3 hours
- Easy to use
- Watering 15 minutes after preventer application will not reduce its effectiveness
- You must wait one week before laying grass seeds or resowing regular plants.
- Is sensitive to some plants
4. Ortho GroundClear Year-Long Vegetation Killer Concentrate
This is another fast-acting, non-selective weed killer that kills the plants it contacts in less than 6 hours. It is a top herbicide with glyphosate and imazapyr as active ingredients and eradicates all hard weeds and bushes in Arizona.
- Gives results within 6 hours
- Prevents reoccurrence of unwanted plants for up to 1 year
- I have not seen any so far.
5. Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Weed Killer & Preventer
If you have dandelions and crabgrass in your lawn, Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Weed Killer & Preventer is the best solution. The herbicide also feeds your turf to form thick, green lawns.
- It effectively eradicates English daisies, crabgrass, dandelions, clover, dollar weed, poison ivy, etc.
- Covers a large area in one application
- You must apply it in two cycles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kills Arizona weeds?
A: A very popular herbicide in Arizona lawns is RoundUp, which kills over two hundred grasses and weeds. The chemical is based on glyphosate and non-selectively eradicates broadleaf and grassy weeds.
Q: What is the best weed killer that doesn’t kill grass?
A: The best herbicide that doesn’t harm grass is Tenacity (pictured above). The pre-emergent is recommended for a broad spectrum of weeds, especially crabgrass. It is among the few herbicides that kill weeds without damaging grass seeds, making it unique. You can spray Tenacity on your lawn and seed immediately.
Selecting the right lawn herbicide is always challenging for gardeners and homeowners without guidance. Although you can kill common weeds with herbicides, Arizona’s tough weeds and grasses can only be eradicated with proper herbicides.
The best weed killers for Arizona include Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed and Grass Killer and Roundup QuikPro. Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer and Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer Concentrate.
You can also use Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Weed Killer & Preventer.